• The heroes defeated Saber, warforged agent of the Lord of Blades, thwarting the warforged prophet’s attempt to claim the schema. This is sure to attract the ire of the warlord in the future if he were to somehow learn the reason behind his servant’s failure…
• After learning that their patron, Lady Dannae, had no connection to House Cannith, the party decided to exchange the schema with the House directly at a ceremony commemorating the Day of Mourning.
• The halfling outrider Atreyu and his clawfoot companion, Clevergirl, decided to take their leave of the group and explore the lands east of Sharn.
• At the ceremony itself the heroes met quite a few persons of interest.
o Davek ir’Tain – A misogynistic nobleman who grumbled about his trouble with kruthiks in his foundry in the Cogs.
o Bren ir’Gadden – The stern half-elf officer whom the heroes rescued from the Tower of Scars on the Day of Mourning, though the noble himself had no recollection of his rescue at their hands. To be fair, he was dazed into a catatonic state by the Mark of Prophecy at the hands of those dolgrim fiends.
o Lucan Stellos – This suave ladies’ man was courting Lady Elaydren before the heroes approached and he took his leave.
o Lady Elaydren d’Cannith – This beautiful and enchanting House Cannith noble and dragonmarked heir conducted the exchange of the Sharn schema on her house’s behalf and expressed her gratitude to the heroes.
o Darius Trueblood – This savage shifter warden seemed incredibly out of place at this aristocratic ceremony, but his presence proved incredibly valuable.
• The schema exchange with Lady Elaydren d’Cannith went smoothly until a thick, dead-gray mist rolled in and guests began disappearing into it. The mist itself was a manifestation of a demon called a Mourning Haunt – a hulking, white-furred beast tied to the Day of Mourning.
• The demon may have massacred the entire guest list, were it not for the noble actions of the heroes and the shifter warden, Darius Trueblood. Together, the party managed to severely wound the creature, forcing it to flee (much to Darius’s dismay), but what was it doing there? Was it after the schema at Lady Dannae’s direction as they suspect or is something even more sinister at work?